Hackers use various techniques to attack our network and steal data. Most of the time it doesn’t go along with the network and data sometimes it costs high like loss of money and peaceful life is also put in danger because of this kind of cybercriminals. Everyone who connects to the internet may have the danger of attack if proper security measures are not ensured. It may be an organization or an individual. Both should be careful while working in cyberspace. Cyber security deals with all entities of risk in cyberspace and it helps to keep the data safe from hackers.
Perfect cyber security is done by handling various layers of protection, especially network security, data, and programs. Cyber security course in coimbatore is also known as the unified threat management system. It is also known as information technology security. It defends the network, server, systems, mobile devices, IoT devices from malicious attacks. The update of technical and social skills is most important to make effective cyber security professionals.
Entities of cyber security
The art of protecting the network from attackers and planning a better network is the initial work that must be done by the cyber security professional since 75% of attacks happen due to a breach of the network.
This is commonly known as data security it defines the data that is present in physical storage and cloud storage.
Developing an application that is installed in a mobile or in a system is pretty important. Some will design the application to steal data from the user to use the applications from the trust sources alone.
It is the largest entity where a common man and business organization both come under one single roof. They contain the most secured and hybrid information of the user for example bank databases. The operational security is also known as opsec.
Three Types of Threats to Cyber Security
- Cybercrime is a common crime committed for financial gain or email threatening likewise it will be done with the help of social engineering.
- Cyber Attack is a highly motivated and trained attack most probably done with political motives. Countries with an enemy face will place this kind of attack most possibly it is an official sponsored attack by the governments.
- Cyber Terrorism it is commonly done these days as the growth of the internet goes up in every department of each country this kind of threat is usually done to compromise an entire country’s resources related to cyberspace.
Common Threats to Cyber Security
Malicious software is used to bring down the system or server and watch over the system regularly this causes damages to the computer periodically by connectivity between client and server if the client machine got affected it will also affect the server. It is delivered by mail or just like a trusted source of installation of software and even pirated software is also a part of the malware installation anonymously in the system.
- Joker Malware
- Emotet Malware
- Dridex Malware
Typical software is used to extort ransom from the user of a computer or mobile. This software encrypts the data and files in the system; it will not allow the user to access the system until the ransom is paid. Even paying the ransom won’t guarantee the recovery of the system.
The common technique used to collect information from the user by clicking a link either by email or SMS is commonly used to collect user details such as credit card, debit card, and other important information related to the user information which will be useful to make money. The above technique is especially done by social engineering.
Man in the Middle Attack:
Intercepting the communication of individuals and gaining data to attack is known as the man in the middle attack. Commonly happens in unsecured networks particularly in public Wi-Fi the attacker could bypass the information between the user device and network.
Denial of Service Attack:
Commonly used to attack an organization by the system not fulfilling the user service request to the system. It mainly depends on network & servers with traffic-generating requests and if we reboot there is a possibility of creating a backdoor in the system
The Oldest method is commonly known for sabotaging the system Virus – Vital Information Resource Under Siege. A malicious code that infects the system and duplicates the files there will be chaos in the system and it will multiply as it is and it will compromise the resources of the machine.
Cyber Security basic tips to avoid cyber attacks
- Updating the system regularly will help to get the latest security patch of the operating system.
- Using an antivirus regularly scans the system.
3. Passwords must be strong and shouldn’t be guessable.
4. Don’t click malicious links and links regarding surprise gifts for you. Avoid mails from unknown senders to escape from phishing and malware attacks.
5. Avoid using unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
6. Piracy of software and operating systems also comes under the risk of cyber attack so be careful and install software from trusted sources only.
7. Back up the data regularly in a non-network connected source or create a mirror server that will be ready to go online if there is an attack on the server.
Necessary Skills for a Cyber Security Professional
- Network Security
- Ethical Hacking
- Hardware and software skills
- Digital forensics
We in Coimbatore Systech teach all the above with experienced faculty and 100% practical approach to the subject. So becoming a cyber security professional is done with extra care and concern by the organization
The Cyber Security profession is a demanding job since the use of the internet increases every day so choose your destination to study cyber security wisely.